Lentil & Walnut Picadillo
This is a super quick rich and delicious dish (with very few ingredients) you can make in less than 30 minutes- I promise! I don't recall where I found the original recipe, so if you know it please let me know so that I may provide proper credit. I make this dish often and it's so simple that I never had to reference the original post. The only change I made was to add a bouillon cube or two. I like to make a double batch for the week along with some white rice. You can switch up the way you serve this picadillo - over some rice one day and rolled into a tortilla with some refried beans the next. You can even go wild by roasting sweet potatoes and topping it with this yummy dish. Well, let's get to it!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
2 bouillon (I used Edward & Sons Not-Beef Natural Bouillon Cubes)
1 yellow onion (diced)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
2 cans black lentils ( drained and rinsed)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat pan, add oil, add onions and saute until translucent.
2. Add bouillon cubes, mix well, add chopped walnuts, mix and cook until golden.
3. Add black lentils, mix, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Serve over rice and enjoy!