Holy Moly Guacamole!
On this fine Sunday, I went to pick up a few groceries and was pleased to see that avocados were on sale... 2 for a dollar y'all! This is a wonderful deal because my household can make an entire meal out of a large bowl of guacamole.
Through quite a bit of trial and error, we found our favorite recipe on Self.com - the article is "Chipotle Reveals Their Secret Guacamole Recipe" and it is very delicious! Like, really, very delicious. It's important to note that choosing the right avocado is key, so look for avocados that are soft but still firm. So without further ado, let's begin!
2- ripe hass avocados
2- tsp lime juice
2- tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4- cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 to 1- jalapeño (finely chopped, seeds and all)
1/4- tsp kosher salt (has a different texture and flavor burst)
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
2. Scoop the avocado and place in a medium bowl.
3. Toss and coat with lime juice.
4. Add salt.
5. Smash avocados with fork or potato masher until a smooth-ish consistency.
6. Add the cilantro, red onion, and jalapeno.
7. Taste, adjust seasoning to taste and enjoy!